[CPWG] PIC commitments on ORG

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Fri Feb 21 17:33:34 UTC 2020

Regardless of intent, PICs are only cosmetic unless accompanied by
specifics about enforcement and penalty for abrogation.

Without knowing how breeches of Ethos' PICs can be reported, judged and
acted upon, debate on their substance is moot.

Experiences from those of us involved in developing the PIC process during
the last round -- and then seeing the aftermath -- found that without an
"or else" component baked-in, PICs are utterly useless.

- Evan