[CPWG] Verisign

Jonathan Zuck JZuck at innovatorsnetwork.org
Mon Jan 6 16:45:45 UTC 2020

Bill,
That's certainly an interesting take that I hadn't thought about. The reasoning from Evan, that make sense to me, is that higher prices would make it less likely that people would register the fraudulent names in the first place, making defensive registrations less necessary. Of course, for truly premium names a small price hike will NOT make a difference but at volume it might.  I'll noodle that more. My job is facilitator here so my opinion doesn't really matter. I'm just not interested in a knee jerk emotional response from At-Large.
Jonathan