[CPWG] Verisign

Bill Jouris b_jouris at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 7 17:45:16 UTC 2020

Hi Roberto,
I don't work for Citi Bank, and am not aware of knowing anyone who does.  So I have no idea.
I would note that, at this moment, we are probably 6 months from ICANN publishing the IDN effort's tables of all the variations on the Latin alphabet.  Having that readily available will make coming up with indistinguishable domain names much easier for bad actors.  And thus the need for defensive registrations.
In short, the problem wrt the need for defensive registrations is still at the readily foreseeable stage, rather than the already exploding in our face stage.
Bill

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android