[CPWG] Verisign

Jonathan Zuck JZuck at innovatorsnetwork.org
Tue Jan 7 21:03:11 UTC 2020

Thanks John, your posts are always informative. I know you have some structural issues with the registry/registrar model which has disadvantaged some smaller markets and gTLDs. Do you have specific thoughts on "individual end user" interests in the new .COM contract? What points do you think would be most important for At-Large to make. As you say, roundabout ways to dealing with different issues aren't ideal and price caps to support defensive registrations doesn't seem like the answer to defensive registrations. What would we like to see if this contract goes forward beyond the commitments that have been made already from the new contract and the investment in research and education on SSR? DNS Abuse measures? Trusted notifier stuff like Donuts has? What would you like to see given your facility with the numbers?