[CPWG] PIR sale…

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Wed Jan 8 09:33:14 UTC 2020

Il 2020-01-07 22:22 lists at christopherwilkinson.eu ha scritto:

> FYI
>
> Hilyard Has a Historic Chance to Activate ICANN At-Large [1]

The main reason why almost 20 years ago we fought to create the ALAC and
preserve some form of user representation in ICANN after the
cancellation of the original At Large election mechanism was exactly to
guarantee a voice for the global public interest of billions of Internet
users, against possible capture or failure of ICANN's industry
self-regulation model. I have rarely seen a case in which that global
interest is so clear, so uniformly shared across the community and so
loudly voiced. IMHO, failing to act in this case would easily become
evidence in favour of those who challenge ALAC's usefulness and ability
to fulfill its mission.

--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->        now blogging & more at http://bertola.eu/   <--------