[CPWG] PIR: Why an At-Large Board Member?

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Thu Jan 9 23:21:36 UTC 2020

I am totally in agreement with the idea that we should be preparing
something about what the board and stewardship council should look like
rather than asking for a seat on the board (for the moment). There
should be as much transparency as possible -- whereas the default on
most corporate boards leans to as little transparency as possible. So we
should ask for fulsome minutes, specific info about voting, open board
meetings except on sensitive issues, a public interest component to the
requirements set for board members (to the point that at least 1 or 2
must specifically represent a public interest perspective). I am sure
there are other things ... but I don't have the expertise to draft this.
Maybe Greg????

Marita