[CPWG] A white knight on the horizon for .ORG?

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Sun Jan 12 00:43:56 UTC 2020

A really good summation of what has happened, and why.  The outstanding question for ALAC in this context is whether it was ever in ICANN’s mandate to preserve the non-commercial mission of PIR - or whether it should have been - and whether there are steps that can be taken that can mitigate the for-profit nature of the takeover  - in Katherine Maher’s words, preserve the long term commitment to the open and non-commercial nature of PIR  - now in  the hands of a for-profit corporation.

Holly