[CPWG] . NGO

Jonathan Zuck JZuck at innovatorsnetwork.org
Mon Jan 13 15:00:31 UTC 2020

Working on an outline for a response from us on this whole ORG thing and had a crazy idea. What if we suggest that PIR be asked to divest itself of NGO and award that to the new nonprofit. Right now PIR have a kind of monopoly on the field with those two as well as FOUNDATION.

We've had a lot of discussion about making sure there is a public interest driven registry and a safe place for the nonprofit community. NGO already has a lot of those requirements in place and could be relaunched with a more specific set of commitments in the contract. We could even figure out how to minimize the NGO presence in the secondary market.

PIR having NGO as a competitor might help keep them in line as well.

Thoughts?

Jonathan Zuck
Executive Director
Innovators Network Foundation