[CPWG] Ester Dyson Washington Post Article - Jan 17th

David Mackey mackey361 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 20:17:02 UTC 2020

Christopher,

I understand the Washington Post limits the number of articles you can read
with a paywall. It's probably based on cookies attached to a specific
device/browser combo. I believe it's still possible to legally extend the
number of articles read by using different browsers on the same device
(e.g. Chrome, Safari, FireFox, etc) or use different devices if you have a
laptop and mobile device, for instance. There are still limits to the
number of articles you can read, of course.

Let's hope it never becomes legal to track our Internet use across all
devices and browsers.

Cheers!
David