[CPWG] PIR/Ethos

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 23 14:35:30 UTC 2020

I believe that “change of control of .org” describes accurately what we worry about and therefore the issue that we want to address.

On 23.01.2020, at 15:17, David Mackey <mackey361 at gmail.com<mailto:mackey361 at gmail.com>> wrote:

Greg,

Request for clarification ...

Agreed. "Stopping the sale" is not the right wording to use for building consensus.

You previously shared a letter from ICANN to PIR<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/icann-to-pir-17jan20-en.pdf> that used the phrase "ICANN's request for additional information will not extend the 17 February 2020 deadline for ICANN to provide or withhold consent to PIR’s proposed change of control."

Can we use the following words from the ICANN letter to test consensus in our group? ... "provide or withhold consent to PIR’s proposed change of control."

It might be best to focus on getting the right wording to test consensus before we mix in the varied opinions of the issue itself.

Thanks
David