[CPWG] PIR/Ethos

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Tue Jan 28 16:15:56 UTC 2020

> On Jan 28, 2020, at 3:28 PM, Bruce Baughman <bruce at artistsdomain.com> wrote:
> In support of what Nat has said I would say that any increase from the current amount to ~$40-$70++ would appear to place an unfair burden on a charity or NGO.

Moreover, there’s no justification for it.  No additional service has been asked for, nor is any being offered.  The profit margin on .ORG domains is already insanely high.

I haven’t seen anyone offer any rationale for why this is justified.  Why any non-profit should suddenly owe new money, when they haven’t received any value in exchange.

                                -Bill