[CPWG] Fwd: Featured Post: PIR Agrees to ICANN Extension

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Mar 18 16:54:53 UTC 2020

FYI

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Featured Post: PIR Agrees to ICANN Extension
Date: 	Wed, 18 Mar 2020 16:38:29 +0000
From: 	KeyPointsAbout.org <newsletter at keypointsabout.org>
To: 	ocl at gih.com

Featured Post: PIR Agrees to ICANN Extension PIR has engaged extensively
with the .ORG Community over the past month. We participated in multiple
community engagements, joined the ...

  PIR Agrees to ICANN Extension
  <https://keypointsabout.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bbe393a821d0d7ef97e7b47c5&id=2ba86c9cbc&e=cccf009ca7>

PIR has engaged extensively with the .ORG Community over the past month.
We participated in multiple community engagements, joined the public
fora at ICANN’s meeting last week, and recently completed a public
consultation process. This week’s decision by Ethos Capital to further
strengthen the voluntary, legally-enforceable Public Interest Commitment
(PIC) and the .ORG Stewardship Council in response to the comments we
received, we believe, affirms Ethos' intention of being a good steward
of the domain. To ensure ICANN and the California Attorney General’s
office, with which we have been communicating, have the time they need
to address any outstanding questions regarding the
transaction, especially in light of current events, we have agreed to an
ICANN deadline extension to April 20th. <x-apple-data-detectors://5> We
look forward to ICANN’s decision by this date.

Link: https://www.keypointsabout.org/blog/pir-agrees-to-icann-extension
<https://keypointsabout.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bbe393a821d0d7ef97e7b47c5&id=c95db1a4cb&e=cccf009ca7>