[CPWG] To convey, not to judge (was: Calif. AG mentions ALAC advice in note to ICANN re: PIR)

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Wed May 6 20:28:09 UTC 2020

What I am missing in this conversation - and I have difficulties in crafting myself - a a bullet point list on what was missing in ALAC’s paper and (more importantly) what was wrong.
I am saying this without any polemic attempt - I have participated to the drafting with a couple of ideas, and I am very much interested in what should have been different.
About the overarching questions on whether ALAC is representative, on how to consider the copy-paste of comments, and all other similar issues, I have to confess that they might well be extremely important topics, but at this point in time for me not worth spending time in repeating what I have basically argued over the years.
On the other hand, I am very much interested in learning if something in the ALAC paper was not felt to be aligned with the feelings of the user community. The follow up question will be how to fix it, but I refuse to discuss how to fix something that we have not defined yet.
Cheers,
Roberto