[CPWG] Fwd: [address-policy-wg] New on RIPE Labs: A First for the RIPE NCC - Seizure of the “Right to Registration of IPv4 Addresses” for the Recovery of Money

Lutz Donnerhacke lutz at donnerhacke.de
Fri Oct 2 12:32:45 UTC 2020

Please take care in your own communication, that the IP addresses are not a
property of the customer itself, but the right to have an registration for
those addresses. This difference is important. Do not spread the word that
“IP addresses were seized”.

RIPE NCC - Seizure of the “Right to Registration of IPv4 Addresses” for the
Recovery of Money

Hello all,

we don't often discuss IP addresses, except when speaking about IPv6. But on
this occasion, something from the Address Supporting Organisation (ASO) made
the news. An interesting first.
Kindest regards,

Olivier