[CPWG] Reminder: ACTION/CPWG by Today 23:59 UTC: Comment on Metrics

mail@christopherwilkinson.eu CW mail at christopherwilkinson.eu
Thu Sep 24 19:32:57 UTC 2020

Thankyou, Evin:  In general, my earlier input has been taken into account.
However, under. CCT Recommendations, the fifth bullet is far too weak:

>. Make a decision about competition objectives, and therefore, required metrics (¿?)

Well, No. Competition is already ICANN's responsibility, and was the primary

justification for the CCT Review in the first place.

1.  This should be the first bullet.

2.  Delete 'Take a decision'. I trust that the decision has already been taken.

3.  Proposed competition metrics:

-   Evolution of market shares:  Legacy, ccTLDs, new 2012 entrants, by region and by year 1998-2019.

-  Indicators of industry concentration and its evolution: by Registries, by Registrars, by RSPs, by portfolio investors.

-  Effects of vertical integration on industry concentration. Compare degree of concentration in each of the  Regions.

-  effects of new IDN Registries on market shares in the relevant language areas.

Could you please edit the document to reflect these suggestions. (I don't see any edit icon on the screen, and in any case from here all the screen options are in Dutch. Neither can I see how to change the language.)

Regards

Christopher