[CPWG] CPWG - ICANN72 participation

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 16 05:47:26 UTC 2021

Hi all

ICANN has decided.

https://www.icann.org/en/announcements/details/icann72-to-be-virtual-annual-general-meeting-icann73-planning-update-15-7-2021-en

Some of the points that we have been discussing have been also considered by the Board in making the decision.

Cheers,
Roberto

On 15.07.2021, at 13:15, Liz Orembo via CPWG <cpwg at icann.org<mailto:cpwg at icann.org>> wrote:

True, others have moved on. But some of us are still in the middle of the pandemic. And as Sarah said, visa and travel has become more complicated.

Some questions we should ponder on: Is ICANN going to cover costs on testing and isolation?

Is it going to have restrictions on vaccination? Because it would be sad if a participant is affected from the convening. Remember it is bringing participants from different countries, with different variants.

Ps. I would also love an in person meeting. No virtual meeting tool can match the level of engagement we can achieve with an in person meeting.