[CPWG] Fwd: Sony Wins Pirate Site Blocking Order Against DNS-Resolver Quad9

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Jun 24 22:25:49 UTC 2021

An interesting development. In the US, the CIA/FBI just block the site
either through DNS or through the hosting provider. Now this case
happens in Europe and in Germany, out of all places. It is interesting
to see what this is likely to mean - but I do note that the "service" is
not just a public resolver, but it pertains to block out malware and
phishing. Thus Sony won the case.
Kindest regards,

Olivier