[CPWG] DRAFT: Text to be distributed to TPR-PDP WG regarding the 60-days lock questions

gopal at annauniv.edu gopal at annauniv.edu
Sat Nov 20 10:21:52 UTC 2021

Thank you for posting the draft.

It has been a good point to discuss.

The lock-in of 60 days is mooted to factor many possibilities including
the
financial transaction. Specific to financial transaction, as on date the
Reserve Bank of India specifies:

a) Zero Liability of a Customer: Systemic Fault reported within three
working days

b) Limited Liability of a Customer: Within 4 to 7 working days based on
the
concerned Bank's policy

Maximum Time for resolution : 90 days from the date of receipt of the
complaint

Well, I prefer 60 days on this leaving the remaining 30 days to the
bank.

As the policy document reads:

The burden of proving customer liability in case of unauthorised
electronic banking transactions shall lie on the bank.

The systems and procedures in banks must be designed to make customers
feel safe about carrying out electronic banking transactions.

Hope this helps.

Not entirely an aside:

The way we used to conclude on the receipt of / non-receipt of a packet
sent on the heterogenous network based on
an estimated round trip time between the sender and the receiver is a
good analogy.

Sincerely,

Gopal T V
0 9840121302