[CPWG] Malware report

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Nov 24 05:41:20 UTC 2021

Last week I said I would forward a new Malware report:

https://interisle.net/MalwareLandscape2021.html

The message I received says that among other things, the report notes that:

. Malware that exploits Internet of Things (IoT)
devices is the fastest growing category of malware.
. Information stealers and ransomware account for
40% of malware that exploited user devices such
as tablets, mobile phones, laptops, and PCs.
. Malware attackers extensively misused file
sharing services, code repositories, and storage services.
. Domain registrars with high malware domain
counts tend also to have high phishing domain counts.

You can find the Executive Summary at
https://interisle.net/MalwareLandscape2021-ExecutiveSummary.pdf
and the full report at https://interisle.net/MalwareLandscape2021.pdf.

Alan