[CPWG] REMINDER | Meeting invitation: At-Large Consolidated Policy Working Group (CPWG) Call on Wednesday, 06 October 2021 at 13:00 UTC

gopal at annauniv.edu gopal at annauniv.edu
Tue Oct 5 09:26:35 UTC 2021

I agree.

My thinking:

The DNS uses “resource records”, which are "persistently stored
[non-volatile]",
formatted data structures that include information relevant to
performing DNS tasks.

The recent rise of byte-addressable non-volatile memory technologies
allow programmers
to have direct access to persistent data instead of relying on
traditional interfaces such as file
and database systems. This simply implies that the distinction between
store [non-volatile] and Memory
[Volatile] is blurring and seemingly complex objects are now readily
persistent.

The quest for high - performance for social media sites even when the
bandwidth is not so encouraging
makes one resort to "saving data for future access" even after the
access to a complex object is deemed
complete.

Today, we have "persistence / repository layer" that tailors the
performance/durability trade off
for data to a specific enterprise application.

There are many challenges and some emerging solutions / best practices.

A part of the answer to the question may be in addressing it from this
viewpoint.

I will wait for other views and opinions.

Sincerely,

Gopal T V
0 9840121302
https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/57545