[CPWG] ICANN position on the Facebook outage

John McCormac jmcc at hosterstats.com
Wed Oct 13 07:42:41 UTC 2021

On 13/10/2021 07:40, lists--- via CPWG wrote:
> Gpod morniong:  Background readiong for tonight's discussion:
>
> 20211007-numerous-lessons-we-can-learn-from-the-facebook-outage-and-its-mistakes
> <https://circleid.com/posts/20211007-numerous-lessons-we-can-learn-from-the-facebook-outage-and-its-mistakes>

It still is not ICANN's place to tell businesses how to design their
networks, Christopher,
This still isn't really an ICANN issue. It is a Facebook issue.

If ICANN wants to do something, then Olivier's (I think) suggestion of a
blog post and reference to the Cloudflare article is the best solution.

ICANN may regulate, in its own way, gTLDs but it does not regulate the
Internet or how people and businesses connect to the Internet.

Regards...jmcc
John McCormac  *  e-mail: jmcc at hosterstats.com
MC2            *  web: http://www.hosterstats.com/
22 Viewmount   *  Domain Registrations Statistics
Waterford      *  Domnomics - the business of domain names
Ireland        *  https://amzn.to/2OPtEIO
IE             *  Skype: hosterstats.com