[CPWG] Meeting with the Board @ ICANN72

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 06:43:50 UTC 2021

*Sent on behalf of Maarten Botterman, Chair, ICANN Board of Directors *

Dear Advisory Committee Chairs,

**Please reply no later than Friday 15 October 2021**
After a few weeks of break, the Board is back into action and looking
forward to meeting with you soon, albeit still virtually considering the
ongoing pandemic situation.

We certainly do hope that, in spite of these worldwide challenging
circumstances, you managed to rest and spend quality time with your love
ones.

Ahead of our 23rd and second fully virtual AGM, ICANN72 (25-28 October),
the Board and I would like to propose the following topics for discussion
during our time together:

   1. *Please provide input/comments on how you think we could efficiently
   identify and work more closely with Governments globally, as well as
   educate, train and interact when it comes to geopolitical issues relating
   to ICANN’s mission. *
   2. *On the advice/expected advice sent recently/to be sent to the Board,
   what would you like to explain or comment on ? *

*Are there any improvements to the current process the Board uses to
address Advice that you would like to suggest?*

As we are doing for a few years already, we would like to dedicate half of
our time together to discuss this topic and half the time to discuss the
topic of your choice or answer the questions you might have.

We would therefore like to invite you to submit your single topic of
interest and/or questions (please consider the limited time if you chose to
submit multiple questions) to our Board Operations team (
board-ops-team at icann.org) no later than *Friday 15 October 2021.*

Your suggested questions and/or topic for discussion will be published and
circulated in the Policy digest, as always, which will facilitate
transparency and allow the groups to deepen their own understanding of
their peers’ point of views on different issues.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts, questions or topics of interest
and to exchange with you constructively and virtually.

Best regards,