[CPWG] Today's call and the ccTLD/gTLD trends/Following ccTLDs on DNS Abuse

Jonathan Zuck JZuck at innovatorsnetwork.org
Thu Apr 28 19:43:43 UTC 2022

True

Jonathan Zuck
Executive Director
Innovators Network Foundation
www.InnovatorsNetwork.org<http://www.InnovatorsNetwork.org>
Main: +1 (202) 827-7594
Direct: +1 (202) 420-7483
________________________________
From: Evan Leibovitch <evan at telly.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2022 11:22:15 AM
To: Jonathan Zuck <JZuck at innovatorsnetwork.org>
Cc: Holly Raiche <h.raiche at internode.on.net>; CPWG <cpwg at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [CPWG] Today's call and the ccTLD/gTLD trends/Following ccTLDs on DNS Abuse

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 12:32 PM Jonathan Zuck via CPWG <cpwg at icann.org<mailto:cpwg at icann.org>> wrote:
One interesting point, however, is that many ccTLDs do a BETTER job of protecting consumers from DNS Abuse so the comparison of management models won't always go our way.

I don't see it as competition. If ICANN has some things to learn from (some) CC registry policies, and some things to teach them, identifying these best practices is good all around. That's another reason that a gap analysis and public chart comparing policies would be of broad benefit throughout the community. The only down side will be for those registries whose deliberately crappy policies will be brought in the open.

- Evan