[CPWG] Are Blockchain Domains within the Mission of ICANN - WAS RE: Questions to the board about distributed DNS

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Wed Aug 24 15:56:15 UTC 2022

Somebody with more patience than I might be able to find links to materials ICANN used at the IGF in Geneva a few years back. One of their technical team gave a very good presentation about “alternate identifiers”, which was very helpful.

There definitely is the potential for confusion between “real” domains that actually resolve on the public internet and ones that don’t.

I’m also having flashbacks to “new net” or whatever it was called from the 90s

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon