[CPWG] Are Blockchain Domains within the Mission of ICANN - WAS RE: Questions to the board about distributed DNS

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 25 05:35:29 UTC 2022

🤣

r.

On 25.08.2022, at 07:25, Evan Leibovitch via CPWG <cpwg at icann.org<mailto:cpwg at icann.org>> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 19, 2022 at 11:57 AM Jeff Neuman via CPWG <cpwg at icann.org<mailto:cpwg at icann.org>> wrote:

However, asking whether the Board understands that the longer it takes to introduce the process for the next round, the more it is indirectly encouraging the proliferation of these Blockchain domains and the more problems there will be in the future with potential “collisions” of namespaces not associated with ICANN.

Hey there, ICANN.
Nice little DNS business you got going.
Now listen here ... if you don't give us a new shitload of TLDs to peddle we're gonna go off and create our own DNS so we can invent them ourselves.
Not only that, but we're gonna use current buzzwords to sell our new stuff.
What's the buzzword all those Tiktok influencers are flogging?
Yeah, Bitcoin! That one!
Maybe we'll sell the subdomains as NFTs!!
Then you'll REALLY be sorry when we start making our TLDs the same as yours!
But hey, we're reasonable people.
Just send the TLDs we're demanding in an unmarked envelope to our PO box in the Caymans.
And then you won't have to worry your little heads...
Until the next time we want some more.