[CPWG] CENTR criticises EC study on DNS Abuse

John McCormac jmcc at hosterstats.com
Thu Mar 31 18:40:14 UTC 2022

On 31/03/2022 19:29, Jonathan Zuck wrote:
> Of course the CPH has criticized EVERY study that has been done. They
> believe we should just take their word for it.

CENTR not CPH, Jonathan,
This is a complete demolition of some of the points made in the EC
studay and it highlights the problems in methodology, analysis and
repeatability/verifiability. It also points out the complete lack of a
clue about the legal frameworks in the EU and also the one-size-fits all
approach to lumping ccTLD and gTLD DA together.

It would be highly problematic, based on the comments of CENTR, to use
the EC study in the ALAC/GNSO letter.

This is the full commentary:
https://centr.org/library/library/download/10300/7262/41.html

These are the key points:
https://centr.org/news/news/comment-dns-abuse-study.html

Regards...jmcc
John McCormac  *  e-mail: jmcc at hosterstats.com
MC2            *  web: http://www.hosterstats.com/
22 Viewmount   *  Domain Registrations Statistics
Waterford      *  Domnomics - the business of domain names
Ireland        *  https://amzn.to/2OPtEIO
IE             *  Skype: hosterstats.com