[CPWG] Today's call and the ccTLD/gTLD trends/Following ccTLDs on DNS Abuse

gopal at annauniv.edu gopal at annauniv.edu
Sun May 1 04:44:57 UTC 2022

Dear All,

This is the thread with [most] many responses in the past few weeks.

I hope a summary of the mails is sent out as per the CPWG list policy.

I wish to mention that:

One great advantage of ccTLD is that it ranks high on authority for
country specific search engine.
For e.g. stratadigital.in will have better search authority and ranking
than a sub-domains or
sub-directories when one searches within [say] Google India.

Another advantage of using ccTLDs is the perception of the customer. In
many countries, brands that
use ccTLDs are more trusted than brands that use a different structure.

For e.g. a .in has better perception locally than a .com. Usually
companies that have a ccTLD
also have physical presence in that country.

The thrust in ccTLD registrations is understandable and to my mind not
entirely unanticipated. When correlated with
the IDNs, it warrants a very strong ICANN Policy Framework founded on
the multi-stakeholder model.

Thank you for a very nice discussion thread.

Sincerely,

Gopal T V
0 9840121302
https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/57545