[CPWG] Are Blockchain Domains within the Mission of ICANN - WAS RE: Questions to the board about distributed DNS

David Mackey mackey361 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 20:15:25 UTC 2022

Evan,

I don't want to add to the specifics of the .ORG/ICANN event, but I believe
At-Large should remain vigilant against unaccountable and untransparent
policy processes.

I was on a zoom call this week where Roger McNamee used the phrase "the
hood ornaments of public participation". He was referring to organizations
like IETF, W3C, etc, not ICANN specifically, but if not careful, ICANN
At-Large can turn into a "hood ornament of public participation". It's a
valid concern.

Cheers,
David