[CPWG] Bulk Registrations, missing data and assumptions?

John McCormac jmcc at hosterstats.com
Wed Apr 19 12:55:46 UTC 2023

On 19/04/2023 13:19, John McCormac via CPWG wrote:
> The five year deletion rate for heavily discounted registrations is less Should have been "five year retention rate". Busy with running two web
usage surveys, checking the historical data on bulk registrations and
trying to multitask.

The constant seems to be that the bulk registrations are typically
registered for a single year because the renewal fee in the second year
can be over $20 for a domain name that may have cost $1 or less to
register. The more that I think about the phrase "bulk registrations"
the less descriptive of the issue it appears because it completely
misses the economic component.

Regards...jmcc
John McCormac  *  e-mail: jmcc at hosterstats.com
MC2            *  web: http://www.hosterstats.com/
22 Viewmount   *  Domain Registrations Statistics
Waterford      *  Domnomics - the business of domain names
Ireland        *  https://amzn.to/2OPtEIO
IE             *  Skype: hosterstats.com