[CPWG] Ready, Fire, Aim

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Aug 31 19:30:35 UTC 2023

Given the short notice and unusual nature of such a travel request, I would
like to suggest this timeline:

   1. Have a "kickoff" in Hamburg, with me participating virtually. I would
   prepare for and introduce the topic during the anniversary meeting Jonathan
   mentioned and we would then start to assemble a working group. My
   preference would be for a small team, preferably of people with strong
   written English communications skills who have not participated in other
   ICANN constituencies

   2. The group would communicate by email list and ad-hoc virtual
   meetings, reporting progress back to ALAC meetings. If human resources
   allow, it would be optimal for a group representative to present and take
   feedback at every RALO at least once.

   3. The working group -- hopefully with me there in person -- would
   present its work early in the week of ICANN79 meeting, conducting a public
   workshop for last-minute fine-tuning, with the intention of ALAC
   endorsement at its closing meeting.

   4. The working group disbands, and proposes that ALAC revisit the issue
   every five years.

- Evan