[CPWG] Inter-Registrar Transfer PDP: Charter questions to discuss in detail

Steinar Grøtterød steinar at recito.no
Tue Jan 3 18:36:32 UTC 2023

Dear CPWG members,

My recommendation is to agree to the Working Group recommendations. In my opinion, the proposed recommendations make a transfer of a generic domain name more user friendly, in addition to increase the security with a set of notifications to the Registered Name Holder, a secure Transfer Authorization Code (TAC) and a Time to Live for the TAC.

There are two charter questions that we may discuss more in detail: Recommendation #16 (transfer lock after initial registration) and Recommendation #17 (transfer lock after a successful inter-registrar transfer). The question is whether At-Large believe it is a “good” or “bad” idea to make an “opt-out” to these transfers locks.

My proposal is to use 10-15 min at the CPWG call on Wednesday Jan 4 2023 to discuss Rec #16 and Rec #17.

The red-line version of the report is attached to this email.

Regards,
Steinar Grøtterø