[CPWG] "The Highest Threat TLDs" article on CircleID

gopal gopal at annauniv.edu
Thu Jan 19 05:12:25 UTC 2023

Many thanks Justine Chew.

One may think fo alternative solutions. I am sure ICANN is a very viable multi-stakeholder forum for exploring these alternatives.

I am taking the liberty of mooting a sort of quick fix / patch approach as given below.

For a programmer going back to the Universal Unique Identifier (UUID) - the 128-bit number used to uniquely identify some object or entity on the Internet along with the Domain Name may be a solution.

Problem Statement:

Given a string S of size N consisting of unique ID and Domain Name of a unique website, the task is to find the ID and the Domain Name in the given string if the ID is in a specified format.

GITHUB helps for the code. I suppose were reasonably independent of a specific programming language.

QUESTION:

How many are using this approach?

My hunch: .com domain is worth checking on this first.

Note:

Domain generation algorithms [DGA] are algorithms seen in various families of malware that are used to periodically generate a large number of domain names that can be used as rendezvous points with their command and control servers.

In any case, a more resilient solution is much needed.

Your thoughts..

Sincerely,

Gopal T V
0 9840121302
https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/57545
https://www.facebook.com/gopal.tadepalli

PS: Optional to visit "The Prague Stringology Club" at: https://stringology.org/
The Prague Stringology Club<https://stringology.org/>
Introduction. The Prague Stringology Club has been founded at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Faculty of Electrical Engineering of Czech Technical University in Prague in 1996 as a research group working on the stringology.In 2009 the Prague Stringology Club moved to the Department of Theoretical Computer Science of new Faculty of Information Technology.
stringology.org

Dr. T V Gopal
Professor
College of Engineering