[CPWG] GNSO-TPR Small Team proposal on transfer disputes

Steinar Grøtterød steinar at recito.no
Wed May 3 00:22:13 UTC 2023

Dear all,

The majority of all transfer disputes are settled in a friendly way by the involved registrars. The GNSO-TPR created a Small Team with the task to codify the informal process when there is a dispute of a (inter-registrar) transfer (but a TDRP was not started).

At the GNSO-TPR call on May 2, 2023, the chair asked all to get feedback from their stakeholders on whether the Small Team proposal should be “policy” or not. The deadline for feedback was set to Monday May 8, 2023

I have copied the Small Team proposal to a “At-Large” version<https://docs.google.com/document/d/16eXaNTW8pZXQSqZ7ksj-oMc1VPhYAyawNcfDT2CECoE/edit?usp=sharing> and kindly ask for our view whether this should be “policy” or not.

My recommendation is to implement the proposal into the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy, hence tune the wording in to more “policy text”.

Please make your comment to https://docs.google.com/document/d/16eXaNTW8pZXQSqZ7ksj-oMc1VPhYAyawNcfDT2CECoE/edit?usp=sharing and indicate if you are in favor of making this a policy or not.

Regards,

Steinar Grøtterød
At-Large Representative
Transfer Policy Review Policy Development Process (TPR-PDP)