[CPWG] Ready, Fire, Aim yet again....

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Sep 1 10:00:54 UTC 2023

Dear Holly,

thanks for raising this.
Strictly speaking according to its bylaws on of ICANN's Core Commitments
is to:

_/(i) Preserve and enhance the administration of /__//__/the
/__/DNS/__/and the operational stability, reliability, security, global
interoperability, resilience, and openness of the /__/DNS/__/and the
Internet;/_

Some TLDs do not resolve? Does this impact on the stability of the DNS?
Are there provisions in the ICANN Registry Agreement that the TLD must
resolve?
I note that Specifications 10 in the Registry Agreement (REGISTRY
PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS) deals with DNS availability - so perhaps
that's where the data, which is indeed collected and transmitted to
ICANN, should be available.

Kindest regards,

Olivier

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD