[CWG-Stewardship] My concerns with the draft proposal and an alternative option

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Dec 1 03:50:47 UTC 2014

Malcolm, can you be more specific on what accountability issues are
critical to a successful transition, presuming that the current CWG
proposal goes forward?

ICANN would go from one entity, the NTIA, issuing a contract for IANA
where everyone seems to think that things are working well, to
another entity (Contract Co.) issuing a contract. What needs to
change? The whole idea of an entity above ICANN holding the contract
with the threat of granting it to someone esle seems to be sufficient
to ensure that IANA is working well.

Alan