[CWG-Stewardship] My concerns with the draft proposal and an alternative option

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Dec 1 03:56:55 UTC 2014

As much as I appreciate your attempt at comprehending my (or perhaps
our collective) motives, this has nothing to do with it.

This is not a value-the-poor-user issue.

I believe that we have invened an extremely cumbersome and possibly
impossible-to-execute-well process that will have little impact but a
high cost if the contract stays with ICANN, and if it is to move,
there will be a high risk of either capture or the lessening of
multistakeholder principles.

If I am wrong and we can pull this off in a transparent, practical
and low-cost manner, dandy. But I have yet to hear ANY answers to the
real concerns I have expressed.

Alan