[CWG-Stewardship] Questions about implementation

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Dec 4 05:02:01 UTC 2014

Hi,

While we continue to discuss and wait for the chartering group and ICG
decisions, we need to look at implementation.

As I understand the situation, we not only need to have a notion, a
workable notion, it needs to be one that can be in place and shown as
solid before the current contract periods ends.  I.e there needs to be
an address for this to transition to.  I am not sure which part of out
plan this is done in.

The hardest part to set up in my mind is Contract Co. - this neeeds
legal advise on how we develop this holding entity.

The MRT and CSC should be relatively easy, but first we have to agree on
their compositions and we see that it takes a few months to get a cross
community setup established.

We do need to boootstrap this thing if we want it to serve as the
transition mechanism.

Also one recommendation I have heard, based on McCarthy's accusations
that we are just trying to put ourselves in charge ourselves, that we
pledge not to take  a role in the intial implementation of the MRT and
CSC that we create - makes it easier to argue that we are just not
trying to create power for ourselves.  Does this make sense to others?