[CWG-Stewardship] Do we really need a Contracting Co.?

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Dec 4 20:08:01 UTC 2014

On 04-Dec-14 12:19, Alan Greenberg wrote:
> I believe that it was driven by the lack of trust in ICANN, and that
> there may well be ways to ensure that ICANN does not violate the MS
> trust.

As I have stated several times, my position has to do with the
accountability of the holder of the IANA contract, no matter who has
it.  I can think of NO better  mechanism to guarantee that ANY holder of
such a contract is accountable other than the threat of withdrawing the
contract.  Just as the NTIA or  IETF can do.  It is a clean simple
mechanism and no one has suggested anything simpler, cleaner or more
workable. For me that is one of the absolute requirements and has
nothing to do with ICANN.

Again I believe my SG is behind this view.