[CWG-Stewardship] Reminder: Comments on WorkPlan due Friday 5 December at 23:59 UTC

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 17:18:24 UTC 2014

Olivier:,

Point well taken, although I'm not sure I understand what you mean by
jurisdiction for MRT.  As a group with no formal (i.e., legally
recognizable) existence, the intent is that it would not have any
particular jurisdiction as its "domicile."  Are you referring to
jurisdiction.in some other sense?

In any event, Bernie and I are working more detailed working documents
specifically for RFP-3.  We hope to circulate these today or at the latest,
MOnday.

Best regards,

Greg

Greg

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 8:53 AM, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com>
wrote:

>  Dear Jonathan and Lise,
>
> Thank you for this. On the scheduling of conference calls, I agree to the
> proposed schedule but would like to ask whether there are any provisions to
> have another F2F meeting or high intensity calls (say 48 hours of long
> calls) if by January we find this would be required to find consensus. If
> there is, could we please all agree ASAP to set the date for this option so
> we are all able to clear that in our calendars?
>
> Secondly, I note guidelines on the work remaining for RFP sub-groups.
> Whilst I agree with the items lists, I also think that we should not be
> limited to what is on the list at the moment. We might need to allocate
> more items specifically under RFP3. For example, one major item I see
> missing is the issue of Jurisdiction especially for Contract Co. & for MRT.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Olivier
>

> On 05/12/2014 05:24, Grace Abuhamad wrote:
>
> All,
>
>  Just a reminder that the Chairs have asked for any comments/suggestions
> to the work plan to be submitted by Friday 5 December at 23:59 UTC. I've
> reattached their note and copied it here below for your convenience.
>
>  Best,
> Grace
>
>    IANA Stewardship Transition Cross Community Working Group (CWG) on
> Naming
>
> Related Functions
>
> Work plan update from the CWG co-chairs for members and participants Lise
> Fuhr & Jonathan Robinson
>
> The Chairs recognize the great amount of work that has been done drafting
> the proposal sent out for consultation and we thank the group for the
> effort. However, given the demanding schedule we still need to work with,
> we cannot rest on our laurels if we are to meet our next major objective of
> having a submission ready for the chartering organizations by 19 January
> 2015.
>
> As per our plan we are presenting 3 webinars on the public consultation
> document this week. Given 2 of these webinars are on Thursday 4 December
> 2014 and would be book-ends to our working group meeting and that your
> co-chairs will be presenting the webinars, we felt this was too much. As
> such we are cancelling the Thursday 4 December meeting of the CWG and hope
> that those that have questions on the proposal will attend the webinar.
>
> Although the 4 December meeting is cancelled, we are posting this new
> schedule of meetings to allow us to reach our objective, which will include
> continuing our CWG meetings during the holiday period:
>
>    -
>
>      Thursday 10 December 2014 – 11:00UTC
>     -
>
>      Thursday 18 December 2014 – 11:00UTC (Time change from 14:00 to
>    11:00)
>     -
>
>      Tuesday 23 December 2014 – 14:00UTC - hour to be confirmed
>     -

> [...]

*Gregory S. Shatan **ï* *Abelman Frayne & Schwab*

*666 Third Avenue **ï** New York, NY 10017-5621*

*Direct*  212-885-9253 *| **Main* 212-949-9022

*Fax*  212-949-9190 *|* *Cell *917-816-6428

*gsshatan at lawabel.com <gsshatan at lawabel.com>*

*ICANN-related: gregshatanipc at gmail.com <gregshatanipc at gmail.com> *

*www.lawabel.com <http://www.lawabel.com/>*