[CWG-Stewardship] [Cwg-rfp5] Reminder: Outreach Tracking for RFP5

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 03:50:03 UTC 2014

Grace,  you may already have this information from someone else in ALAC or
the Leadership Team, but here is something on behalf of ALAC  'just in
case'...

The ALAC and At-Large Community (Global with representation from all 5
ICANN Geographic Regions)  has primarily acted through its 'At-Large Ad-hoc
WG on the Transition of US Government Stewardship of the IANA Function Work
Group'; there is a main wiki page which links to all activities inclufding
the weekly teleconferences / meetings and in each of those sub pages
Agendas, Minutes/Notes,  Meeting Transcripts and Recordings in EN, FR, ES
(at a mininmum) is found here
<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Ad-hoc+WG+on+the+Transition+of+US+Government+Stewardship+of+the+IANA+Function>
(
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Ad-hoc+WG+on+the+Transition+of+US+Government+Stewardship+of+the+IANA+Function
)
this completely open to our Community WG was formed for the purpose of both
consultation and support and feedback for our representation in the ICG as
well as other committees and WG's related to this matter.  The mission is
stated as "...The mission of this ad-hoc working group is to discuss the
transition of US Government Stewardship of the IANA function in relation to
the discussions taking place in other fora such as the IANA Stewardship
Transition Coordinating Group (ICG) and the discussions and processes
taking place in RIR, IETF, ISOC & IAB spaces. Membership of this WG is open
to all At-Large members.
​..."​

Additionally this last weeks At-Large Capacity Building Program - 2014/15
our
Webinar was also on the Topic  "IANA Functions (Standards, Naming &
Numbering)". The trainer was Patrik Fälström, Chair SSAC;  Noting that ALAC
believes that a solid understanding of the fundamentals of IANA Functions
(based on the recently released- Aug 15, 2014  SAC067) is essential to
ensure well informed deliberations, debate and constructive community
consultations...

PLease let me know if we need anything further from ALAC/At-Large or if
something in a different format is required...

Kindest regards,

*Cheryl Langdon-O**rr ...  *(CLO)

about.me/cheryl.LangdonOrr
[image: Cheryl Langdon-Orr on about.me]