[CWG-Stewardship] Strickling Remarks from 4 December re IANA Transition and Accountability

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 19:01:53 UTC 2014

Milton,

I agree that this is a key failing of the "internal to ICANN" approach, at
least to the extent that such an approach relies on the success of the
CCWG-Accountability.  This is also a very real concern about the prospects
for real success by the Accountability CCWG.

If there is a viable "internal to ICANN" approach (and I haven't seen one
yet), it has to stand on its own two feet (i.e., be self-sufficient) and
not rely on a "more accountable" ICANN in order to succeed.

Greg

*Gregory S. Shatan **ï* *Abelman Frayne & Schwab*

*666 Third Avenue **ï** New York, NY 10017-5621*

*Direct*  212-885-9253 *| **Main* 212-949-9022

*Fax*  212-949-9190 *|* *Cell *917-816-6428

*gsshatan at lawabel.com <gsshatan at lawabel.com>*

*ICANN-related: gregshatanipc at gmail.com <gregshatanipc at gmail.com> *

*www.lawabel.com <http://www.lawabel.com/>*