[CWG-Stewardship] Strickling Remarks from 4 December re IANA Transition and Accountability

Guru Acharya gurcharya at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 06:57:11 UTC 2014

Greg,

I think the internal-to-ICANN approach is extremely complicated when you
think of it in detail. The internal-to-ICANN approach would actually be
recommending two accountability mechanisms. The first mechanism for when
ICANN is the IANA operator. The second mechanism for when a non-ICANN
entity is the IANA operator. And these two accountability mechanisms will
have no similarity making transition between the two mechanisms a
logistical nightmare. In comparison, the current proposal of the CWG
envisions a seamless transition between the two scenarios.

Regards,
Guru