[CWG-Stewardship] Strickling Remarks from 4 December re IANA Transition and Accountability

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Dec 12 17:43:59 UTC 2014

On 12/12/2014 06:26, Greg Shatan wrote:
> As for the rogue entity (or entities) started with the best of
> intentions that you have seen:  can you give us some more concrete
> detail and examples of these?  I am sure that we could learn something
> from these past problems so that we can avoid their mistakes and
> weaknesses.  It would be good to have some real examples to deal with.

ICANN Version 1:
http://www.icannwatch.org/archive/mueller_icann_and_internet_governance.pdf

And another problem encountered by ICANN Version 1:
http://personal.law.miami.edu/~froomkin/boardsquat.htm

and since all things come in three, have a look at that:
http://people.apache.org/~jim/NewArchitect/newarch/2002/06/new1020218289998/index.html

I feel a lot more nervous starting a Co./Org. Version 1 than one that's
already gone through a few iterations & have left juvenile age.

Kind regards,

Olivier