[CWG-Stewardship] Composition of MRT

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon Dec 15 04:08:17 UTC 2014

From: Seun Ojedeji [mailto:seun.ojedeji at gmail.com]

You are basically saying that, the proposed overreaching structure should be funded (with end users money) just to review automated processes/reports.

MM: I am saying nothing of the sort. The MRT is a review team. What does it review? The operation of the IANA functions. What else does it do? Writes the contract and decide to whom to award it. One of the IANA functions operator’s key requirements is to faithfully implement any policies that require root zone changes. The MRT is concerned not with making policies, but with ensuring their proper implementation. That is what I am saying.