[CWG-Stewardship] Composition of MRT

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Dec 18 21:33:44 UTC 2014

At 18/12/2014 06:09 AM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:
>Alan,
>
>In the existing proposal is MRT the policy
>enforcing body or is CST?  The reason I ask is
>because CST would have the contract that would
>provide the authority to enforce the contract.

As I understand it, the only thing that the CST
could do is talk nicely to IANA to attempt to
rectify whatever it perceives as a problem, or as
the MRT to initiate some sort of enforcement
action (which the MRT would have to instruct
Contract Co to do, since Contract Co is the entity holding the contract).

>Putting that aside, I would qualify your
>statement as follows: “policy enforcing body
>for policy related to the IANA naming functions”.

Yes, of course. That is the scope of this discussion.

Alan