[CWG-Stewardship] Fwd: ICANN Board Comments on Cross Community Working Group (CWG) Draft Transition Proposal for Naming Related Functions

Christopher Wilkinson lists at christopherwilkinson.eu
Mon Dec 22 20:13:13 UTC 2014

Dear Chuck:

With respect to your point 2, below -

>	IANA Functions …

-	allow me to recall that in 1997-1998 there was no doubt at all in our minds (I was there) that ICANN was created to be the home of IANA. After all, at that time there wasn't much else.
In Europe, following consultation with relevant multistakeholders (as one would say today) the EU supported the integration of the IANA functions within ICANN.

Regards

Christopher