[CWG-Stewardship] multistakeholder principle was Re: [] FW: FW: CWG ... 2B

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Mon Nov 17 13:27:10 UTC 2014

Nor would I Avri.  Note that the Straw Man 1 revision that Stephanie sent to the list calls for "contracting with an evaluator to perform the authorizations for changes to the root zone previously performed by the NTIA (e.g. affirmation that all relevant policies were followed)".  The evaluator would need to be void of conflicts of interest.  An idea I suggested to the small team of RySG colleagues supporting the CWG is to have a qualified set of personnel that are available to choose from for any given instance of a delegation or re-delegation; the actual evaluator could then be chosen to avoid any possible conflicts. This is along the lines of how the RSTEP operates for new gTLD registry services if there needs to be a determination if the registry service introduces any security or stability concerns.

Chuck