[CWG-Stewardship] FW: [client com] IPR Memo

Mueller, Milton L milton.mueller at pubpolicy.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 10 22:10:24 UTC 2015

Exactly.

> It seems to me that, before asking for legal advice on how to do something,
> one ought to be clear about what one wants.  I agree with you, however, that
> a separate trust appears to me (and I speak only for myself) would satisfy the
> requirements in the ICG proposal out now, and might be a way forward.
> Perhaps we should spend some time kicking around what a good trust
> arrangement would look like to the CWG.

I do think that that option has been foreclosed too, unless you delight in the prospect of adding 2-3 months to the process for a very marginal possible gain (or risk of loss) in the proposal. I agree with your earlier comment about following the path of least resistance and would not encourage anyone to start down this road.