[CWG-Stewardship] GNSO-ccNSO engagement in the Multi-stakeholder model

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Mon Jun 1 21:06:51 UTC 2015

Erick,

I am pretty sure I understand everything you said except for your last paragraph: “In the case of gTLDs finally is based in a contract with ICANN, and IANA is a function. For the majority of ccTLDs the relation is with IANA (the old IANA), and with ICANN as “housing” of IANA. That difference need to be a priority in all the process.”  The first sentence is fine.  The second sentence I am less clear about.

If all you are saying is that the difference of contractual relationship vs. no contractual relationship needs to be a priority, I agree.  Throughout the CWG process, I have been under the impression that that difference has been emphasized over and over again and everyone seems to support that.  I think we all also understand the differences related to the involvement of governments for ccTLDs and that that varies by ccTLD.

What I don’t understand is where you think you and I are disagreeing.

Chuck