[CWG-Stewardship] Information about consultations that has taken place within GAC in relation to CWG
elise.lindeberg at Nkom.no
Tue Jun 2 12:12:22 UTC 2015
Dear Grace and Bart - I suddenly realized that I was to report consultations that has taken place within GAC in relation to the CWG work and public hearing on the second draft proposal - I assume you will put this information into the final CWG proposal.
· GAC members and participants in the CWG and the GAC secretariat have been using GAC mailing list to point attention to specific items and discussions in the CWG, asking for GAC members comments and questions in the ongoing process. The GAC secretariat has also established a CWG/CCWG whiteboard on GAC website - for updates and exchange on both CWG and CCWG draft proposals. The GAC secretariat have been following the CWG process closely, using the whiteboard to give summary of CWG/CCWG discussions, updated timeline on CWG and CCWG draft proposals and processes, information about Webinars, summary of public comments from other Governments/GAC members and information about internal GAC procedures and range of possible options for taking a position as a Chartering Organisation of CWG. Information on the whiteboard is functioning as a coordination tool between CWG stewardship and CCWG Accountability.
· GAC CWG members and participants and the GAC secretariat has provided analysis of how GAC input is reflected in the CWG proposal, including how the sets of principles agreed by the GAC in desember 2014 have been reflected in the CWG.
* GAC has held briefing sessions between GAC leaders team and CWG members for update on CWG process and timeline before the public comment period for the CWG draft proposal in April.
* On the 22nd of April, the GAC Chair Thomas Schneider wrote a letter to all GAC members to remind members about the CWG and CCWG timeline and public comment period and to inform how the GAC can contribute to the CWG and CCWG process before, during and after Boenos Aires meeting.
· GAC members and participants in the CWG, together with the GAC secretariat, gave a summary of the CWG draft proposal before GAC wide calls.
· The GAC has held GAC-wide calls on the 5th and 6th of May to enable individual GAC members to discuss and develop their views on the CWG draft proposal and share their views across the GAC. Discussions on these wide-calls identified issues of special interest to the GAC in both the CWG and CCWG draft proposals.
· Sufficient time has been allocated for GAC discussions on CWG final proposal and CCWG draft proposal during the ICANN meeting in Buenos Aires.
Elise Knutssøn Lindeberg
Senior Legal Adviser, GAC representative
Norwegian Communications Authority
e-mail: ekl at nkom.no<mailto:ekl at nkom.no>
Mobile: +47 90190947
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CWG-Stewardship